ACOFP RESIDENT MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES
Membership gives you access to the important contacts and knowledge you need as you move through your residency. From publications to conventions to online tools, we make it easy for you to learn and connect with peers.
- Complimentary registration. Join physicians and residents from across the country for our high-caliber programming at the ACOFP Annual Convention & Scientific Seminars, taking place April 4 - 7, 2024 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- On-Demand education. Listen to the sessions from the 60th Annual Convention and Scientific Seminars on our Bizzabo virtual
- Tailored education. Hear
from experienced leaders and physicians in the field about how to find a
position, start a practice and adjust to working as a practicing
physician through live and on-demand courses—as well as our very own DOfm podcast channel—all in the eLearning Center.
- Osteopathic Family Physician journal. Stay informed on the profession and how to deliver the best patient care with online access to our peer-reviewed journal.
- Latest updates. Receive the latest news in osteopathic family medicine through the weekly ACOFP newsletter.
- ACOFP blog. Read member stories, tips from leaders in the field, the experiences of residents and more on the blog, For Family, By Family.
- Leadership opportunities. Achieve greater awareness of your leadership style and enhance your professional performance at the Future Leaders Conference for family medicine
residents and new physicians.
- Volunteer opportunities. Expand your professional network—and your leadership skills—by taking an active role in national and resident committees, the ACOFP Resident Council, or as Resident Governor on the ACOFP Board of Governors.
- Awards. Apply for resident awards through the ACOFP Resident Awards Program.
- Job board. Search more than 1,000 job listings from across the country to find the right fit after residency through the Career Center.
BOARD CERTIFICATION INFORMATION
Each certifying board within the osteopathic profession has jurisdiction over the examination leading to certification in particular specialties and/or sub-specialties. General certification is achieved through satisfactory completion of residency training, certifying examination and meeting of all other requirements for specialty certification.
INITIAL CERTIFICATION GRANT FOR RESIDENTS
To relieve some of the financial burden for residents entering the field, the ACOFP Foundation launched its Initial Certification Grant, which awards up to $1,400 for exam fees and travel expenses to residents who don’t have complete funding support from their program to be used for the AOBFP exam.
LEARN ABOUT THE EEIC CERTIFICATION
Resident Virtual Town Hall: Learn About the Early Entry Initial Certification (EEIC) Program for Osteopathic Board Certification in Family Medicine Pathways from Resident Graduates: Hear
from a panel of new physicians who successfully pursued the Early Entry
Initial Certification Program (EEIC) for Osteopathic Board
Certification in Family Medicine. Learn from their "real life"
experiences and to gain insight why residents choose to pursue this
pathway and what Initial Certification Grant opportunities are available
to assist in this journey.
Hear about your formative assessment options; explore osteopathic initial certification, including the Early Entry Initial Certification (EEIC) pathway and the traditional pathway; and learn how to Navigate the Osteopathic Pathway or take advantage of the Initial Certification Grant in the below recorded webinar, Pursuing the Osteopathic Pathway. Representatives from the ACOFP, the AOBFP and the ACOFP Foundation were joined by an Initial Certification Grant recipient who took advantage of EEIC. Feel empowered to make an informed decision about your future.