Getting involved with a national student committee is an opportunity for any student to form professional and personal relationships, sharpen their leadership skills and support the mission of the Student Association of the ACOFP.
The National Student Committee application cycle opens in June 2023. Apply to serve a one-year term on the Education, Membership Recruitment, Public Relations, or Resolutions Committees of the Student Association of the ACOFP.
The mission and objectives of the Education Committee are to engage students and promote advancing education by further exploring topics pertaining to osteopathic family medicine, researching areas that are of interest to the general student membership and publishing material on these topics through ACOFP. Education Committee members are charged with:
- Identifying, surveying, and exploring topics pertaining to osteopathic family medicine
- Researching topics of interest to the student membership
- Assisting in evaluating and recommending OMT resources for the student eLearning Center
- Collaborating with the NSEB to develop educational programs for webinars or live at the ACOFP Annual Convention & Scientific Seminars
- Collaborating with the Public Relations Committee of the Student Association of the ACOFP, NSEB and ACOFP
Membership Recruitment Committee
The mission and objectives of the Membership Recruitment Committee are to support local chapter leadership with membership recruitment incentives, creating and sharing resources for chapter membership recruitment activities, and serving as a resource for chapters and monitoring the recruitment activities. Membership Recruitment Committee members are charged with:
- Collaborating with chapter presidents on recruitment activities and fairs
- Selecting the national recruitment fair gifts and prizes (online and in-person) to help promote ACOFP and increase membership
- Assisting in developing the national recruitment fair campaign to promote ACOFP and increase membership
- Working with the NSEB, ACOFP Membership Committee, and ACOFP
Public Relations Committee
The mission and objectives of the Public Relations Committee are to develop campaigns to promote student involvement through ACOFP channels of public communication (e.g., social media, monthly newsletters and blog), highlighting student and chapter engagement, and osteopathic family medicine. Public Relations Committee members are charged with:
- Developing and submitting a blog series highlighting osteopathic medical students and local chapters
- Developing and producing a podcast series for the DO.fm Student Podcast Channel
- Assisting in the development of a campaign to promote National Primary Care Week and other related national recognition weeks
- Assisting in the development of a campaign to promote the Annual Convention and Scientific Seminars and the related student programs
- Collaborating with other committees of the Student Association of the ACOFP, NSEB, and ACOFP
The mission and objectives of the Resolutions Committee are to act as a voice for osteopathic medical students by researching, developing and submitting resolutions to the ACOFP Congress of Delegates on topics important to student members and osteopathic family medicine. Resolutions Committee members are charged with:
- Creating and submitting resolutions to the ACOFP Congress of Delegates
- Encouraging student delegate participation at the state level
- Engaging student membership and local chapters for topics of interest and resolution support
- Collaborating with the NSEB, ACOFP Resolutions Review Committee, and ACOFP
Each committee consists of a committee chair, committee secretary, committee members, an NSEB liaison, and an ACOFP staff liaison. The chair will be responsible for facilitating each meeting and the secretary for keeping minutes for the meeting records. All meetings will be held via conference call at intervals determined by the committee chair during the committee term, June 2023 to March 2024.
There are also other opportunities to get more involved with ACOFP, including the ACOFP state societies, which are great networking sources. Please contact email@example.com to learn more.