Members of the Conclave of Fellows may sponsor a candidate for the ACOFP Fellow Award. To qualify, all nominees must be sponsored by a current member of the ACOFP Conclave of Fellows and submit a letter of support from their ACOFP state affiliate society.
Please review the qualifications and requirements to consider honoring one of your colleagues or applying:
Nominees must be an active dues-paying member of ACOFP for at least six consecutive years.
- Nominees must be certified by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) or the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS).
- Nominees must have served a one-year AOA-approved internship or its equivalent. In the event the nominee has not served a one-year AOA-approved internship or its equivalent, the nominee shall have been an active dues-paying member of ACOFP for at least eight consecutive years prior to nomination.
- Nominees must actively participate in and support local hospital, state and national osteopathic organizations and ACOFP state affiliate societies.
- Nominees must have contributed outstandingly through teaching, authorship, research, professional leadership as a moderator or presenter at a national ACOFP event.
- Nominees must have attended a minimum of at least six ACOFP Annual Convention & Scientific Seminars or AOA Annual Osteopathic Medical Conference and Exposition in the immediate past 10 years. Please refer to the application for the meeting requirement details.
- Nominees must submit and attest to being the primary author of an unpublished scientific paper pertinent to family medicine and suitable for publication. Please refer to the application for the scientific paper requirement details.
- Sponsors and nominees must submit the required application and award fees.
Fellow Award applications are now open. Please review sample bios and submit your application by September 15.
Submit Online Application >>
Download Application >>
Please contact email@example.com for more information on the Fellow Award.
DISTINGUISHED FELLOW AWARD
The ACOFP Distinguished Fellow Award acknowledges those Fellows who have distinguished themselves through contributions and service to ACOFP by convention attendance, as well as by their support of the ACOFP’s local and national governance and committees. .
Each applicant must fulfill a minimum of four of the five Category One requirements below since their Fellow induction year:
- Financial Support | Contributions of at least $1,500 total to the ACOFP Education & Research Foundation, Auxiliary to the ACOFP, ACOFP speaker honorarium donations and other donations to ACOFP committee activities or educational program development. Political contributions do not qualify. Documentation must be provided.
Fellow Sponsorship | Sponsorship of three or more completed Fellows.
- Academic Service | Participation in osteopathic education, not as part of their regular job. Academic service includes presenting or moderating at an ACOFP national or state convention, precepting osteopathic medical students or having residents on rotation as an elective in a private office setting. Documentation must be provided of at least three of instances of service.
- National ACOFP Committee Service | Participation on a national ACOFP committee, task force, delegate, AOBFP Board of Directors or ACOFP Board of Governors for at least 10 years.
- State or Local Service | Participation on an osteopathic family medicine related committee, task force, delegate, ACOFP state society board or local medical/hospital board.
Each applicant must have attended at least 20 ACOFP Annual Convention & Scientific Seminars or AOA Annual Osteopathic Medical Conference and Exposition since their Fellow induction year.
- Fellows who actively served in the military may request a waiver of this requirement after five years of active Fellowship.
Distinguished Fellow Award applications are now open. Please review sample bios and submit your application by December 1.
Submit Application >>
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the Distinguished Fellow Award.
ACOFP CONCLAVE OF FELLOWS CEREMONY
Congratulations to those inducted into the ACOFP Conclave of Fellows from the Classes of 2022, 2021 and 2020 and to the Distinguished Fellow Award recipients from 2022!
View Program >>
The Pathway to Fellowship and Leadership for Women Physicians
Looking for more insight into the path to Fellowship as a female physician? Jan Zieren, DO, MPH, FACOFP dist., shares words of encouragement and outlines how to be recognized with this esteemed award, as part of the Women's Leadership Committee presentation from ACOFP '21.