Join a National Committee of the Student Association to the ACOFP
The National Student Committee application cycle is now open through June 6.
Apply to serve a one-year term on the Education, Membership Recruitment, Public Relations, or Resolutions Committees of the Student Association of the ACOFP.
Getting involved with a national student committee is an opportunity for any student to form professional and personal relationships, sharpen their leadership skills and support the mission of the Student Association of the ACOFP.
Education Committee of the Student Association of the ACOFP
The mission and objectives are to engage students and promote advancing education by further exploring topics pertaining to osteopathic family medicine, researching areas that are of interest to the general student membership and publishing material on these topics through ACOFP.
Identify topics pertaining to osteopathic family medicine and submit them in a monthly article for the newsletter.
- Research topics that are of interest to the student membership.
- Evaluate and recommend OMT resources for the student eLearning Center.
- Conduct an interview podcast series featuring academic family medicine leaders
- Collaborate with the NSEB to develop educational programs and workshops for the ACOFP Annual Convention.
- Collaborate with the Public Relations Committee of the Student Association of the ACOFP, NSEB and ACOFP.
Membership Recruitment Committee of the Student Association of the ACOFP
The mission and objectives are to support local chapter leadership with membership recruitment incentives, creating and sharing resources for chapter membership recruitment activities, and serving as a resource for chapters and monitoring the recruitment activities.
Collaborate with chapter presidents on recruitment activities and fairs.
- Assist in promoting ACOFP and increasing student membership.
- Assist in developing a membership recruitment toolkit for promoting ACOFP membership on campus.
- Work with the NSEB, ACOFP Membership Committee and ACOFP.
Public Relations Committee of the student association of the acofp
The mission and objectives are to develop campaigns to promote student involvement through ACOFP channels of public communication , highlighting student and chapter engagement and osteopathic family medicine.
Submit social media posts and blogs highlighting osteopathic medical students and chapter activities.
- Conduct a podcast series for DO.fm Student Edition channel on the diversity of career options in family medicine.
- Assist in promoting National Primary Care Week and other related national recognition weeks.
- Develop promotion for students to attend the Annual Convention on social media.
- Collaborate with other committees of the Student Association of the ACOFP, NSEB and ACOFP.
Resolutions Committee of the student association of the acofp
The mission and objectives are to act as a voice for osteopathic medical students by researching, developing and submitting resolutions to the ACOFP Congress of Delegates on topics important to student members and osteopathic family medicine.
Create and submit resolutions to the ACOFP Congress of Delegates.
- Encourage student delegate participation at the state level.
- Engage student membership and local chapters for topics of interest and resolution support.
- Collaborate with the NSEB, ACOFP Resolutions Review Committee and ACOFP.
Each committee will consist of a committee chair, committee secretary, committee members, a National Student Executive Board liaison and an ACOFP staff liaison. The chair will have the responsibility of facilitating each meeting and the secretary will have the responsibility of keeping minutes for the meeting records. All meetings will be held via conference call at intervals determined by the committee chair during the committee term (June 2023 – March 2024).
There are also other opportunities to get more involved with ACOFP state societies, which are great networking sources. Please contact email@example.com with questions.