Master Preceptor Awards of the ACOFP
Application Checklist | Award Criteria | Timeline | Application
The Master Preceptor Awards of the ACOFP recognize preceptors for their sustained commitment to excellence in the training, education and mentoring of osteopathic medical students in family medicine. The purpose of this award is to recognize the dedicated practicing physicians who comprise the majority of the preceptors in our profession and is not exclusive to full-time teaching faculty of the colleges of osteopathic medicine (COM).
For your application to be considered by the ACOFP Preceptor Committee, the following items must be submitted by December 31, 2021:
- Completed application
- Current curriculum vitae
- At least one letter of support from the credentialing COM
- Sponsoring company or institution
- Headshot suitable for publication
To qualify for this award, all preceptors must:
- Be an active ACOFP member in good standing
- Have been a preceptor of osteopathic medical students for at least 10 years
- Have completed a minimum of 120 weeks precepting
- December 31, 2021: application deadline
- March 17–20, 2022: awards presentation
ACOFP will invoice the sponsoring company or institution for the award's $200 sponsor fee. All award recipients will receive a Master Preceptor Award plaque, a press release to the preceptor's local newspaper and recognition during the ACOFP Annual Convention and Scientific Seminars held March 17–20, 2022 in Dallas, Texas.