ACOFP New Osteopathic Family Physician of the Year Award
Application Checklist | Award Criteria | Timeline | Application
The ACOFP New Osteopathic Family Physician of the Year Award honors physicians who have made significant contributions to family medicine between two and five years after entering the specialty and demonstrated exemplary leadership qualities that would honor the memory of Michael F. Avallone, DO, FACOFP dist., after whom the award is named.
For your application to be considered by the ACOFP Awards Committee, the following items must be submitted by September 15, 2022:
- Completed application
- Current curriculum vitae
- At least one letter of recommendation from the nominator or affiliate society
- Headshot suitable for publication
- Must be an active ACOFP member in good standing.
- Must be in active practice in Osteopathic family medicine for between two and five years.
- Be certified by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) or the American Board of Medical Specialists (ABMS).
- Service at the national or state level in any leadership capacity.
- September 15, 2022: application deadline
- March 29 – April 2, 2023: awards presentation
Nominations are solicited from the general membership, ACOFP state and affiliate societies, recommendation made by the ACOFP New Physician Committee, with the selection made by the Awards Committee and final approval by the Board of Governors. The award will be presented during the ACOFP 60th Annual Convention & Scientific Seminars, taking place March 29 – April 2, 2023, in Orlando, Florida.