Rodney M. Wiseman, DO, FACOFP dist. is in private family practice at Pearland Medical Clinic in Pearland, Texas. He also maintains a concierge practice in Tyler, Texas as the medical director and primary care family physician for Community Access, a series of group homes for intellectual and developmental disabilities patients. He is an associate clinical professor and preceptor at the University of North Texas Health Sciences Center Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Wiseman served several years in the U.S. Army as a combat medic with the 101st Airborne in Vietnam, where he was awarded the Bronze Star. After his internship, he served as the regimental surgeon and flight surgeon with the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment at Ft. Bliss, Texas.
Dr. Wiseman has been president and various board positions for both the Texas Osteopathic Medical Association (TOMA) and the Texas Society of the ACOFP, and served as a district review committee member for the Texas Medical Board. He is currently a HealthCare Consultant to TOMA and a Texas Delegate to the AOA House and the ACOFP Congress.
- Bachelor of Science - University of Houston, TX
- Internship - William Beaumont Hospital, Army Medical Center, El Paso, TX
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine - Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
- AOA Health Policy Fellowship
- Bronze Star - U.S. Army
- Family Physician of the Year - ACOFP Texas Society
- Osteopathic Family Physician of the Year - ACOFP
- TR Sharp Meritorious Service Award
- Distinguished Service Award - Texas Osteopathic Medical Association
- Distinguished Fellow - ACOFP