|David A. Connett, DO, FACOFP dist.
David Connett, DO, FACOFP dist. is Vice Dean at Western University of Health Sciences – College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (WUCOMP), a national consultant for Graduate Medical Education Development, and a professor of family medicine at WUCOMP. He also has a family medicine clinical practice in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
Dr. Connett was on the ACOFP boards in Michigan, Colorado and California, and as president in both Colorado and California. He has been passionate in the propagation of family medicine residencies and has provided his expertise to over 85 hospitals throughout the nation, most having family medicine as the core residency.
He has represented the ACOFP on the AOA Health Care Facility Accreditation Program (HFAP) for the last 18 years. Dr. Connett also serves on the AOA Council of Osteopathic Graduate Medical Education Development (COGMED) and as a consultant for residency development for the past 11 years.
Dr. Connett served as a Major in the United States Air Force working in the capacity as Family Physician, Flight Surgeon, Emergency Medicine and the Chief of Aerospace Medicine. It is the leadership skills developed in the United States military that created his team‐based approach to management as a participant and strategic leader.
- Bachelor's Degree - California State University, Fullerton
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine - Western University of Health Sciences - College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
- Educator of the Year - California Society, ACOFP
- Physician of the Year - Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of California
- Distinguished Fellow - ACOFP