NATIONAL & STATE COMMITTEES
Outside of your school's Student Association of the ACOFP chapter, there are volunteer opportunities available at both the ACOFP state level and the national level. The ACOFP President and President-elect appoints student members to national committees for a 1-year term (March to March). Selected committees require attendance at up to two face-to-face meetings per term and all committees have regular conference calls throughout the year. Learn about each of our committee before deciding on which volunteer opportunity is best for you.
There are also other opportunities to get more involved with the ACOFP state societies, which are another great source for networking. If you see a committee that sparks your interest, or you are curious about learning more about our state societies, please email your request to email@example.com. Your information will be reviewed by ACOFP leadership and you will be notified of the appointment in January.
STUDENT ASSOCIATION OF THE ACOFP COMMITTEES
The Student Association of the ACOFP has three committees where students can apply to serve as a member, secretary, or chair. Committee applications are due in June of each year.
- Engage students by further exploring topics pertaining to osteopathic family medicine.
- Research topics that are of interest to the general membership.
PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE
- Provide materials/campaigns to promote student involvement through ACOFP social media accounts.
- Write newsletter articles and blog posts highlighting student and chapter engagement.
- Preparing materials to teach students how to write successful resolutions with appropriate formatting and effective wording.
- Create and submit resolutions to the ACOFP Congress of Delegates with appropriate.