CONCLAVE OF FELLOWS UPCOMING EVENTS
The ACOFP Conclave of Fellows Awards Ceremony is scheduled for 5:00 pm on Friday, April 5, 2024, as part of the ACOFP 61st Annual Convention & Scientific Seminars, taking place at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Robe Rental Orders: All Fellows marching in the precession for the ceremony must order their robe rentals no later than January 3.
- Merchandise Orders: All Fellows wishing to purchase merchandise must place their merchandise orders no later than January 31.
The ACOFP Fellows Annual Breakfast Meeting on Saturday, April 6, 2024, from 7:00 to 8:00 am. Please sign up with your registration for convention.
Should you have any inquiries or wish to make a payment by phone, please feel free to reach out to Jeanine Janzen directly at 847.952.5100 or via email at email@example.com.
Members of the Conclave of Fellows may sponsor a candidate for the ACOFP Fellow Award. To qualify, all nominees must be sponsored by a current member of the ACOFP Conclave of Fellows and submit a letter of support from their ACOFP state affiliate society.
Please review the qualifications and requirements to consider honoring one of your colleagues or applying:
Have completed at least six (6) consecutive years of physician active membership dues payments after the year of residency completion and prior to nomination (back paying unpaid membership dues years is not allowed).
- Have served a one-year American Osteopathic Association (AOA) approved internship, or its equivalent. In the event the nominee has not served a one-year AOA-approved internship or its equivalent, the nominee must have completed at least eight (8) consecutive years of physician active membership dues payments after the year of residency completion and prior to nomination (back paying unpaid membership dues years is not allowed).
- Must be currently certified in family medicine by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) or the American Board of Medical Specialists (ABMS). Must be in good standing with all state or regional osteopathic family medicine license, legislative, regulatory, and legal entities affecting the practice of medicine.
- Must demonstrate active participation and support for local organizations and state/regional osteopathic family medicine associations.
- Must demonstrate national contributions in osteopathic family medicine and engagement in teaching, authorship, research, professional leadership, or as a presenter at an ACOFP Annual Convention & Scientific Seminars.
- Must have attended and registered as a family physician for a minimum of at least six (6) ACOFP Annual Convention and Scientific Seminars or OMED in the immediate past ten (10) years. Additionally, at least three (3) of these meetings must be ACOFP Annual Convention and Scientific Seminars.
- Only one (1) ACOFP Annual Convention and Scientific Seminars registration occurring during residency may be utilized for meeting the required three (3) ACOFP Annual Convention and Scientific Seminars.
- Virtual registration for ACOFP Annual Convention and Scientific Seminars and OMED can only be applied for the years 2020 and 2021.
- A nominee who is on active duty in the military who is unable to attend the required conventions may substitute up to three (3) Association of Military Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons (AMOPS) conventions for OMED.
- Candidates must submit and attest to being the primary author of an
unpublished scientific paper pertinent to family medicine and suitable
- Sponsors and candidates must submit the required scientific paper attestation signed form, signed application and award fees.
The 2024 Fellow Award application cycle is now closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. If you need assistance finding a sponsor, please contact email@example.com.
DISTINGUISHED FELLOW AWARD
The ACOFP Distinguished Fellow Award acknowledges those Fellows who have distinguished themselves through contributions and service to ACOFP by convention attendance, as well as by their support of the ACOFP’s local and national governance and committees. .
Each candidate must fulfill a minimum of four of the five Category One requirements below since their Fellow induction year:
- Financial Support | Contributions of at least $1,500 total to the ACOFP Foundation, Auxiliary to the ACOFP, ACOFP speaker honorarium donations and other donations to ACOFP committee activities or educational program development. Political contributions do not qualify.
Fellow Sponsorship | Sponsorship of three or more completed Fellows.
- Academic Service | Participation in osteopathic education, not as part of their regular job. Academic service includes presenting or moderating at an ACOFP national or state convention, precepting osteopathic medical students or having residents on rotation as an elective in a private office setting. Documentation must be provided of at least three of instances of service.
- National ACOFP Committee Service | Participation on a national ACOFP committee, task force, delegate, AOBFP Board of Directors or ACOFP Board of Governors for at least 10 years.
- State or Local Service | Participation on an osteopathic family medicine related committee, task force, delegate, ACOFP state society board or local medical/hospital board.
- Each candidate must have attended at least 20 ACOFP Annual Convention & Scientific Seminars or AOA Annual Osteopathic Medical Conference and Exposition since their Fellow induction year. No more than half of the meetings can be virtual only.
- Fellows who actively served in the military may request a waiver of this requirement after five years of active Fellowship.
The 2024 Distinguished Fellow Award application cycle has closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The Pathway to Fellowship and Leadership
Looking for more insight into the path to Fellowship as a physician? Jan Zieren, DO, MPH, FACOFP dist., shares words of encouragement and outlines how to be recognized with this esteemed award, as part of the Women's Leadership Committee presentation.