Here is a list of anticipated topics* for this year's program:
- ACOs and CINs in Primary Care
- Adolescent Mood Disorders
- Advanced Care Planning
- Anaphylaxis Training
- Basic Electrodiagnosis-EMG and NCS Analysis
- Capacity Decisions in Geriatric Patients
- Common Infections and Antibiotic Stewardship
- Common Orthopedic Injuries and Treatments
- Common Prostate Diagnoses
- GI and Functional Medicine
- Health Equity and Best Practices
- Hyperlipidemia Treatment with New Agents
- Hypertensive Urgency/Emergency
- Management of COVID-19
- Medical Informatics
- Medicare Annual Wellness Visits
- Nephrology Review
- Obesity Medication/Management including Surgery
- Ophthalmology Updates
- Opioid Use and Abuse
- Pros and Cons of Popular Diets
- Respiratory Illnesses
- Rheumatologic Labs
- Treatments and Guidelines for Hypertension
- Urgency and Emergency
- Women’s Health Topics
- Working with Behavioral Health/Mental Health Professionals
- Wound Care in the Office
Additionally, osteopathic manipulative techniques** covered will include:
- Low Back and Pelvis
- Neck/Upper Back
- Thoracic Spine
*Topics subject to change.
**Available in-person only.
Can’t make it to Chicago? Access more than 20 hours of AOA Category 1-A CME programming from the comfort of your home or office with 2022 Intensive Osteopathic Update On-Demand. Sessions will be available on August 31. As an added bonus, on-demand participants will also receive immediate access to OMT Boot Camp Virtual—an additional 3.5 hours of CME—for free!
The American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians (ACOFP) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians.
The ACOFP designates this program for a maximum of 35 AOA Category 1-A CME credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.