Duane G. Koehler, DO, FACOFP dist.
Duane G. Koehler, DO, FACOFP dist. is an osteopathic family physician in private practice in Miami, Oklahoma. As President of the ACOFP Board of Governors, Dr. Koehler helps establish national healthcare policy and training standards for osteopathic family medicine.
A dedicated medical educator, Dr. Koehler is DIO of Teaching Health Centers residency programs in eastern Oklahoma. He also serves as Assistant to the Dean for Rural Education and as a preceptor in Family Practice, Rural Medicine at the Oklahoma State University Health Sciences Center, College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSUHSC-COM).
Dr. Koehler had 15 years of pre-hospital care experience before entering medical school, has been self-employed and has been employed by a corporate entity in the nearly 21 years of clinical practice. He has long been active in professional organizations as a Past President of the Oklahoma Osteopathic Association, delegate-at-large to the American Osteopathic House of Delegates and President of the Northeastern District Osteopathic Society.
- Associate Degree, Emergency Medical Technology - University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science, Health Science - University of Tulsa
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine - Oklahoma State University, College of Osteopathic Medicine
- State Paramedic Certification, Emergency Medical Technology, Arkansas
- Internship - Oak Hill Hospital, Joplin, MO
- Distinguished Fellow - ACOFP