ACOFP Quality Markers Expansion
Available to Members in July 2014
Packaged with your May/June 2014 issue of Osteopathic Family Physician are a cover letter from me and a brochure describing the ACOFP’s new Quality Markers program, which is completing its two-year demonstration project and was scheduled for May 2014 release to the full ACOFP membership.
ACOFP Quality Markers is an exciting new member service addressing your practice needs for your patient data reporting, population health management and Medical Home recognition.
I’ve just met with our Quality Markers vendor – Symphony Performance Health – and we agreed to a significant expansion of the program’s menu of services so that you will have more choice in the level of services you use and the prices for those services. Because of ACOFP’s strategic partnership with Symphony, we will be able to offer this service at a cost well below market price.
This Quality Markers expansion will move the product release timeline from May to July 2014.
We appreciate your understanding as we further refine the Quality Markers program into a resource that will allow you to enhance the quality of care you provide.
Quality Markers is designed to help you easily and cost-effectively:
- Create reports defining the quality of care you provide,
- Assess your quality markers against national norms, and
- Achieve NCQA recognition as a Patient Centered Medical Home.
How Quality Markers Works
- Quality Markers software pulls clinical information from unstructured sources such as transcription notes (no EMR needed), and the free-form text from EMR progress notes.
- Provides a configurable template for data entry on a web portal. You don’t need hardware or software – just an internet connection.
- Identifies patients with upcoming and overdue care opportunities and automatically generates outreach letters that can be customized by the practice and printed on the practice’s letterhead.
- Finds opportunities to improve care by analyzing practice data against evidence-based guidelines for both process and outcome measures.
- Displays multiple views of performance, including progress toward goals at the individual and practice levels.
Quality Markers Suites and Measures
ACOFP has selected 14 common clinical conditions – “suites” – for which individual and aggregate HIPAA-compliant patient data are extracted from patient records, without requiring your staff time.
The 14 Wellness and Chronic Care Suites are among the most comprehensive available. Within each suite are the essential “measures,” such as blood pressure, LDL, HgA1C, immunizations, etc., that define quality patient care.
Chronic Care Suites
- Adult Weight Screening
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Cervical Cancer Screening
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Childhood Immunizations
- Preventive Health
- Tobacco Cessation
- Vital Signs
- Chronic Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Ischemic Vascular Disease
- Metabolic Syndrome
View information about Quality Markers Suites and Measures here.
Quality Markers is supported by a partnership between the ACOFP and Symphony Performance Health, a leading provider of quality management technology.
Contact ACOFP today to learn more about subscribing to Quality Markers! Email QualityMarkers@acofp.org or call 800-509-9262.