|Ronna D. New, DO, FACOFP
Ronna New, DO, FACOFP practices geriatric medicine at Holston Medical Group Geriatric Medicine in Bristol, TN where she is a board-certified osteopathic family physician and the region’s only fellowship-trained and board-certified geriatrician.
Dr. New previously served as the Founding Program Director of the Family Medicine Residency Program at Johnston Memorial Hospital in Abingdon, VA; Director of Medical Education for the Northeast Region of Mountain States Health Alliance; Assistant Professor at the University of Louisville Department of Family & Geriatric Medicine; and Assistant Professor at the University of Pikeville Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine. Currently, she is an Assistant Professor at the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. New served on the ACOFP Board of Governors as a resident academic member and ACOFP National Student President. She is a National Faculty Member of the National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners (NBOME) and is a tactic team member for Family Medicine for America’s Health.
Dr. New’s passion is caring for geriatric patients and her practice is completely focused on patients ages 65 and older. She serves as a primary care physician and provides specialized care as a consultant to older patients with geriatric syndromes including memory problems/dementia, frailty/falls and polyparmacy.
- Bachelor’s Degree - University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine - Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine-Virginia
- Geriatric Residency - University of Louisville
- Chief Resident in Family Medicine - University of Louisville
- ACOFP Fellow
- Young Osteopathic Family Physician of the Year, 2014 - ACOFP
- Most Outstanding Scientific Paper Crest Award - ACOFP