|Jesse Shaw, DO
Jesse Shaw, DO is a Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellow at the VCOM/Auburn University Sports Medicine. He is a 2011 graduate of LECOM (Erie, Pennsylvania) and recipient of a US Navy Health Profession Scholarship. Dr. Shaw completed a Transitional Internship at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth in Portsmouth, Virginia.
He completed multiple tours as a General Medical Officer with Naval Special Warfare and the Joint Enabling Capability Command, VA. He was then selected for US Navy Dive school where he trained in submarine/dive/radiation medicine at the Naval Undersea Medical Institute and Naval Diving Salvage and Training Command.
After graduation Dr. Shaw served as senior Undersea Medical Officer where he specialized in hyperbaric/operational medicine at Naval Health Branch Clinic Bangor in Silverdale, WA.
Upon separation from the US Navy in 2016, he entered his civilian Family Medicine Residency at St. Petersburg General Hospital, FL where he served as Chief Resident. His experiences have transitioned into his current pursuit, “the optimization of wellness through the relationship of health, medicine, fitness and nutrition.” Dr. Shaw approaches each patient with the same goal; to increase longevity, improve health and wellness, and to educate on the importance of a proper diet and fitness level.
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine - Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Erie, Pennsylvania
- Transitional Internship - Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Portsmouth, Virginia
- Chief Family Medicine Resident - St. Petersburg General Hospital, St. Petersburg, Florida
- U.S. Navy Health Profession Scholarship
- AAFP Award for Excellence in Graduate Medical Education
- Shaw JD, Brown L, Jansen B. Use of Physical Therapists to Identify and Treat Musculoskeletal Injuries at “The Tip of The Trident.” J Spec Oper Med. 2017 Winter;17(4):45-48
- Matt SE, Shupp JW, Carter EA, Shaw JD, Jordan MH. Comparing a Single Institution’s Experience with Electrical Injuries to the Data Recorded in the National Burn Repository. J Burn Care Res. 2012 Sep-Oct;33(5):606-11
- Coen JR, Carpernter AM, Supp JW, Matt SE, Shaw JD, Flanagan KE, Pavlovich AR, Jeng JC, Jordan MH. The Results of a National Survey Regarding Nutritional Care of Obese Burn Patients. J Burn Care Res. 2011 Sep-Oct;32(5):561-5
- Kath MA, Shupp JW, Matt SE, Shaw JD, Johnson LS, Pavlovich AR, Brant JD, Mete M, Jeng JC, Jordan MH. Incidence of Methemoglobinemia in Patients Receiving Cerium Nitrate and Silver Sulfadiazine for the Treatment of Burn Wounds: A Burn Center’s Experience. Wound Repair Regen. 2011 Mar-Apr;19(2):201-4
- Shaw JD. When Gender Self-Identity Doesn’t Match. The J of the POMA. 2009;53(1):26-29