|Greg D. Cohen, DO, FACOFP dist.
Greg Cohen, DO, FACOFP practices at Lucas County Health Center Medical Clinics in Chariton, Iowa. His rural family practice includes outpatient care, inpatient care, obstetrics, osteopathic manipulative medicine, emergency room and nursing home services.
Dr. Cohen has served the ACOFP on the Gun Safety Task Force, the Rural Family Practice Residency Task Force, the Delphi Long-Term Planning Committee, the Constitution and Bylaws Committee, the Federal Legislation Committee, and has been Chair of the Preceptorship Committee. He also recently represented the ACOFP at a National Preceptorship Shortage Task Force organized by the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine. He has served as a delegate to the ACOFP Congress of Delegates as well as AOA House of Delegates for many years.
Dr. Cohen has served as president of the Iowa Osteopathic Medical Association and as Chairman of the Iowa Maternal - Child Health Advisory Council. He is an Assistant Professor of Family Medicine for Des Moines University and has been precepting 3rd and 4th year Osteopathic Medical students since 2001 in rural family medicine. He received his Fellow designation in 2006 and Distinguished Fellow designation in 2019.
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine - University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, Des Moines, Iowa
- Osteopathic Rotating Internship and Family Medicine Residency at Long Beach Memorial Hospital, Long Beach, NY
- Iowa Rural Health Champion
- Living Doc Hollywood Award for National Rural Health Day
- Fellow - ACOFP
- Distinguished Fellow - ACOFP