What is the Future Leaders Conference?
The ACOFP Future Leaders Conference is designed for outstanding new physicians (in practice five years or less) and residents who are interested in achieving a greater awareness of their leadership style and its impact on their professional performance.
Developed by the ACOFP New Physicians and Residents Committee, the Future Leaders Conference creates a learning experience where participants will participate in activities with the goal of:
- Maintaining and prioritizing personal balance
- Leading and managing change
- Understanding strengths and maximizing the talents of others
- Learning what influences leadership
- Connecting with peers and ACOFP leaders
Participants will enjoy a “learn through doing” program and walk away with a greater awareness of their skills and leadership styles.
2015 ACOFP Future Leaders
"The ACOFP Future Leaders Conference allowed me to learn from and share ideas with organizational leadership, young physicians, and other family medicine residents who are equally as passionate and driven. The skills that I developed will enable me to become a better physician and more effective administrator. I am honored to be among those guiding our uniquely osteopathic profession to a bright and successful future."
What is the criterion for nominations?
Nominees must be a family medicine resident or new physician, ACOFP member, and interested in volunteering skills and knowledge to ACOFP. Nominations require:
- Completed nomination form (available in the fall)
- Nominee's Curriculum Vitae
- At least one letter of recommendation from the nominator, Residency Program Director, or state society
For more information, email email@example.com